So, I have a confession. I had never had quinoa before until a couple days ago. I had bought some recently to try, but never used it… until we had way too many cucumbers in the house.
I was researching what else you can do with cucumbers, and I found out you can actually cook them and they taste amazing. So then I had to come up with an idea on what to eat with cooked cucumbers. The light bulb went off: quinoa, of course! So, this recipe was born:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 large tomato
1 large cucumber, or 2 medium
1.5 cups uncooked quinoa
*Feel free to add more tomato, cucumber, or other vegetable to your liking!
- Brown beef with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and seasoned salt.
- Chop the cucumber into small pieces. Saute with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Rinse the quinoa. Place in pot with 3 cups of water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on it so as not to burn it.
- Slice the tomato.
- Heat the cucumber, beef and tomato together, just until warm.
- Fluff the quinoa, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix beef mixture into the quinoa and serve.
Serves about 4 adults, as long as they aren’t crazy greedy. 🙂
So, this made a pretty good size pot. Yeah, we ate it all. I am not sure who liked it more – me or Jad. It was heavenly, seriously. Try it and let me know what you think.