Sometimes I have really stressful days. The kids are being crazy, I haven’t had time to eat a good lunch, I am exhausted, I have no motivation…
On days like that, I make this:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 TBSP milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- Whatever add-ins you like: chocolate chips, M&Ms, nuts, etc.
- Combine softened butter and brown sugar with a mixer on low for just under a minute.
- Gently stir in vanilla, milk, flour and salt with a spoon.
- Then combine the mixture with the mixer on low for about 30 seconds.
- If you have ad-ins, pour them in and stir in with a spoon.
I always add more flour (1/2 cup). I also think it is best to add a little more butter (2 1/2 tbsp) total. That way the cookie dough is thick and satisfying. With the recipe as is, it is a little wet.
This is a delicious treat. It is totally unhealthy, but it makes me feel happy, and satisfied. I can get through my day easier. – no, really!
Try it when you are having a bad day, or just eat it any time. You will love it!!!