This is my husband, Jad’s, creation. He brought leftovers to work today, and the consensus was this was the best potato soup they had ever had. Guess what? It’s easy too. Try it and tell me what you think!
5 medium red potatoes with skin
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 large carrot, shredded and cut
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 13 oz. can chicken
Salt, Pepper, All Seasoning, Paprika and Cumin to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 cups chicken broth
Crunchy bacon bits
- Wash potatoes, and boil them until cooked. Mash them in a bowl.
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno, carrots, and celery for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken, drained.
- Sprinkle mixture with spices. Heat and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes, chicken broth, and cream of mushroom soup to the pot. Stir until well blended.
- Heat soup for 5 minutes on low.
- Serve with bacon bits and mozzarella cheese.