Yeah, they taste even better than they sound.
This recipe was born from me trying to make Oreo cookie filled chocolate chip cookies. I was having a lot of trouble. I mean, they tasted fabulous, but looked horrible (next time I think I will use a muffin tin). So, I decided to use the rest of the cookie dough (a slightly adapted version of my Nana’s recipe) and Oreos to make bars.
My brother, Aaron, wanted me to switch up the recipe by using Golden Oreos and butterscotch and white chocolate chips. Well, for the same birthday occasion, I had just made rainbow chip cake, so I used the leftover rainbow chips in this addicting recipe:
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup rainbow chips or white chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp+ vanilla
2+ cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
- Beat shortening and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in milk, vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Beat a little at a time into the wet mixture.
- Add chips.
- Spread half of the cookie dough into greased 8×11 pan.
- Layer Golden Oreos on top of the dough, side by side.
- Spread the rest of the cookie dough on top of the Oreos.
- Add one more layer of Golden Oreos, and slightly press down into dough.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Watch carefully, as oven times vary.
And there you have it! My brother, Mark, told me later that this is his favorite dessert I have ever made. See if you agree!